The Strawberry Protein Power Shake Recipe is a great way to start your morning. This healthy, creamy shake can be eaten as a meal, or fill the bellies of those “always hungry” children as a very filling snack. It also makes a great dessert!
In the area where I live, we have a food service called Ruby’s Pantry. You can read more about it here. If you receive Ruby’s Pantry shares, there is usually protein powder included in the share. This shake a great way to utilize the protein powder. Recently, frozen strawberries have also been included in the share.
You can also sign up for tips, recipes, and menu plans for Ruby’s Pantry.
Strawberry Power Protein Shake
The recipe for Strawberry Power Protein shake is another simple and easy recipe that you can teach your children to make for their snack. Because let’s face it, your kids are always hungry and they can learn to make their own snacks. Thankfully, this is a healthy snack packed with protein for growing children.
ingredients for Strawberry Protein Power Shake
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Strawberries are packed with Vitamin C and other antioxidants. A box of 20 lbs of frozen strawberries was distributed in a recent Ruby’s Pantry Share. These strawberries are perfect for this shake! However, fresh strawberries also work great, but you may want to increase the number of ice cubes you use. You can use substitute any raspberries or blueberries you prefer. You can also use a combination of berries.
You can use regular cow milk. However, you could also use almond or coconut milk if you are lactose intolerant. I have not tried water, but it might work in a pinch since the protein powder would give it creaminess.
If you use Ruby’s Pantry, you probably have some protein powder in your pantry. I used Vanilla Milkshake Flavor. You could also use plain or strawberry flavor. If you are adventurous, you could even try the chocolate flavor.
The vanilla extract rounds out the flavor of the shake. However, if you don’t have vanilla or don’t care for vanilla, you can leave it out. The shake is still delicious without it.
You can use any sweetener of your choice. I prefer to use this Trim Healthy Mama Stevia because I like to keep my sugar consumption at a minimum. When you use stevia, you only need a tiny amount. You can also use other sugar alternatives such as swerve, monk fruit powder. If you prefer sugar or honey, those sweeteners work as well. You will just have to add and adjust the amount of each sweetener based on its concentration and your taste.
Heavy cream gives this recipe extra richness and deliciousness. We have our own milk cow, so we have an abundance of fresh cream that we skim from the milk each day. If your Strawberry Protein Power Shake seems too watery, you can also use more Cream if you don’t mind the extra fat and calories.
As mentioned in the recipe, if you use frozen strawberries, use around 4 cubes. If you use fresh strawberries, use 6 or more cubes.
Add-ins for Strawberry Protein Power Shake
- Chocolate chips – pulse a few chocolate chips before adding ingredients for a crunch, chocolatey flavor.
- Replace the sweetener with a banana.
- Replace Heavy Cream with 1 Tbsp of Cream Cheese or 2 Tbsp of Cottage Cheese
Additional notes about Strawberry Power Protein Shake
- You can use a regular blender, but you may want to add the ice cubes one at a time because it will take longer to grind them.
- Add more milk if the shake seems too thick.
- Add a few berries as a garnish after you pour it into a glass.
- Top with whipped cream
- Teach your school-age children to make this recipe! It is healthy and easy to make!
Strawberry Protein Power Shake
- Vitamix or other high power blender
- 1 cup strawberries frozen or fresh
- 1 cup milk cow, almond, coconut
- 1 scoop protein powder plain, vanilla, strawberry
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stevia, or other sweetener of choice sugar, honey to taste.
- 4-6 each ice cubes 4 cubes for frozen berries, 6+cubes for fresh
- 1 tbsp heavy cream optional, but makes it extra creamy
- Place all ingredients into high power blender
- Blend until smooth
- Serve and enjoy.
I hope you find the Strawberry Protein Powder shake as delicious and satisfying as our family does. Stay tuned for more smoothies, shake, and other recipes to use your Ruby’s Pantry Protein Powder Supply.
Finally, please remember . . .
It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4 KJV
If you are searching for peace in your life, please click here to read more about how to have a relationship with God.