Disclaimer: I received a FREE copy of this product through the HOMESCHOOL REVIEW CREW in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way.
Have you ever wanted to ferment your own healthy, probiotic vegetables, but didn’t know where to start? Are you nervous that you will “mess it up” and waste food and time? With Fermentools, you can take the guesswork out of fermenting. The Fermentools Starter Kit makes fermenting easy and fun!
BE SURE TO PIN FOR LATER
I have been fermenting for many years. Maybe you are like me and daily “burping” your ferment jars. You live in fear that you will forget about them and boom! Big mess. However, the fermentools starter kit has changed the way I ferment. It is a simple and safe way to ‘forget” about your ferment and go on with your busy schedule.
What is included in the Fermentool Starter Kit?
- 1 Stainless Steel Lid – Made from 304 surgical stainless steel, the corrosion-resistant lid will last a lifetime.
- A Glass Fermentation Weight – Made to fit inside your standard widemouthed Mason jar perfectly and won’t react with your food like other weights on the market.
- 1 Air Lock.
- 2 Rubber Stoppers (1 with a hole for airlock – 1 solid).
- 1 Rubber Canning Gasket.
- Himalayan Powdered Salt – Our ancient Himalayan sea salt has over 80 trace minerals and is ground fine enough to easily mix with cold water.
- Beautiful Instruction Guide and Basic Sauerkraut recipe.
I was impressed with the high quality of each piece of the starter kit.
- It’s easy.
- It saves money.
- The health benefits of fermented food are amazing.
- It’s fun!
How to make Simple Sauerkraut?
Making sauerkraut is so easy. I used the recipe that came with my starter kit. The most difficult step is figuring out the measurements to make the brine solution. However, there is a chart on Fermentool’s website. There are also many recipes that variations to the basic sauerkraut recipe. I started with the basic recipe, but this summer when my garden is producing, I plan to try many other fermenting recipes.
What else could you ferment using the starter kit?
The options are really endless to what you can ferment. Here is a small sample of vegetables.
- sweet potato
You can also ferment fruits, beverages, dairy, grains. As I said, the possibilities are almost endless. Fermentools has a wonderful bank of recipes on their site. I can’t wait try more recipes when my garden starts producing. Your fermentools starter kit will never sit idle in the cupboard. In fact, you will probably want to purchase additional kits so you can have many things fermenting at once!
What were the results of our fermentools Starter Kit?
I love cabbage and I love sauerkraut. My sauerkraut turned out great. I loved checking on it and watching the bubbles form in the jar. I tasted it after about 3 days and it needed more time. After 3 more days, I tested again and decided to end the ferment and put it in the refrigerator. Looking back, I wish I would have let it ferment a few more days because I like my sauerkraut strong and sour. It must be my German heritage. However, I gobbled up the first batch and look forward to starting a new batch.
Why I Love Fermentools?
- Fermentools – An All-American Small Business
- All of the products sold by Fermentools are made and sourced in the USA.
- The company uses only the best quality pieces, including lids that are made with 304 surgical stainless steel, which are corrosion resistant.
- Fermentools is a family-run business. The owners, Alex and Cassie, also homeschool their 7 children.
- Purchasing from this company gives us an opportunity to support an All-American small business.
I highly recommend the fermentools starter kit and check out the recipes and other helpful tips at fermentool.com.
- The starter kit is easy to use.
- It will save you money by fermenting your own vegetables.
- Fermenting is a wonderful way to preserve your abundant garden produce
- You can also ferment your abundant dairy products.
- Your children will be amazed by the science behind the ancient art of fermentation. It is a great science experiment to do with them.
- Finally, it is fun. There is nothing more satisfying than watching tiny fermenting bubbles.
And if you grab one before June 30, 2020, you will receive a 15% discount if you use coupon code CREW2020.
Check out what other homeschool families are saying about Fermentools Starter Kit by clicking on the image below.