Growing up on a farm can be challenging for kids. Sometimes they forget what a blessing it is to grow up on a farm. Just like adults, kids can focus on all the hard work, hardships, and bad weather. I have noticed this with my own children. I developed this farm kid gratitude journal to cultivate an attitude of gratitude in farm kids.
BE SURE TO PIN FOR LATER
Sign up for my email list to receive your free Farm Kid Gratitude Journal!
The Blessings of Growing Up on a Farm
There are so many benefits to growing up on the farm. Children may not realize until they grow up. Here are just a few benefits:
- Learning a strong work ethic
- Being able to run and play freely on open land
- Learning how to grow and raise food
- Becoming an entrepreneur at a young age
- Breathing in fresh country air on a daily basis
These are great adulthood benefits. However, somewhat abstract for kids to understand. I developed this simple gratitude journal to help farm kids remember what a wonderful opportunity it is to grow up on a farm!
What’s included in the Farm Kid Gratitude Journal
This 8-page gratitude journal is great for the Thanksgiving season or any time of year. Your child will reflect on how blessed they are to grow up on a farm.
- The cover features different farm animals to color.
- Page 2 gives your child the opportunity to draw a picture. Then the child answers “I am thankful for growing up on a farm because”
- On the third page, your child list 10 Farm thing I am Thankful for
- Page 4 gives the child the opportunity to draw their favorite farm animal
- The fifth page gives your child an opportunity to write and/or draw their favorite thing about each season.
- Page 6 explores the harvest and encourages the child to draw a picture of a crop they are thankful for.
- The seventh page is my favorite! The child can draw a self-portrait and their favorite Bible verse.
- The final page has two writing prompts to answer and a Bible verse to color.
I am giving this journal away for free to my faithful readers. My readers inspire me in so many ways. I am truly thankful for you. I hope you find this free farm kids’ gratitude journal a helpful way to help your child realize what a blessing it is to grow up on a farm.
If you are looking for more activities for kids, check out my resources library for my email subscribers. I will send you the password in an email.